Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Post 2-2

Use frequently—Tumblr

  1. Why do you use it? I use Tumblr because it holds every type of content there is. I can scroll through posts from the over 300 blogs I follow all at once. Anything and everything is on there from photography, science facts, political cartoons, and breaking news articles.
  2. What makes it functional for your use? The scrolling dashboard makes it a one-stop-shop of sorts instead of having to keep clicking on different links.
  3. What would you add to make it better? A better search function.
  4. Is there anything that you don’t like about it? I don’t like that you can’t look up particular blogs. It is difficult to find specific people if you don’t know their URL.
  5. How is it collaborative? It combines every type of media from audio clips, gifs, photography, illustration, etc. You aren’t limited to just a word post. 
 
My Tumblr Dashboard

Use sometimes—Twitter
  1. Why did you stop using it/why do you use this site less frequently than the other? To me, Twitter is exactly like a Facebook status. I got bored with only reading short tidbits of information, then being directed to another site via a link.
  2. What makes it different? It is different because information is shared so quickly and so far. In a matter of minutes, news can travel around the globe.
  3. What could be changed about this site in order to make it better? If this site hosted video directly on the interface it would be better.
  4. Would you consider going back and using it again ever or are you done-zo? I use it occasionally, but I will never be addicted like most people are. 

My Twitter Homepage


2 comments:

  1. You provided good insight on Tumblr for me. I know a lot of people that use Tumblr and I've thought about making an account with them but Blogspot has been good to me. With that said, I really didn't know much about Tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use tumblr quite a bit and I agree with the positives and negatives you've brought up with the site. I'm curious, what kind of blogs do you follow? In my mind, the way to get the most enjoyment out of tumblr is to follow the right amount/right kind of people.

    I think I'm only following like, 50 blogs or so. How do you come across new blogs to follow? I know I'm pretty bad at finding new ones.

    ReplyDelete